Have you ever said, “I have too much time on my hands?” No, that is not what marketers say, because our time is precious.
What is common for marketers are comments like:
- I don’t have a big enough marketing team behind me to get all the work done.
- My to-do list is getting longer, not shorter.
- I spend too much time doing manual/time-consuming tasks and not enough time doing innovative programs that have the potential to significantly impact revenue.
- I know what to do, I just don’t have the time to do it.
If you don’t have a big marketing team behind you, your to-do list continues to grow, and your daily manual tasks (reports, data hygiene, etc.) keep you from doing innovative campaigns that could move the needle – you are not alone.
The State of MarTech report, by the research firm Ascend2, asked 187 marketing professionals the question: What has prevented you from achieving success in the past? The #1 response was a lack of time and budget.
What has prevented you from achieving success in the past?
Use Technology to Overcome Your Lack of Time
Marketers have a problem. Most of the time stolen in the day is a result of manual tasks and not being able to find the right data and information when you need it. The lack of time blocks your path to revenue growth. The solution to free up your time and clear your path to revenue growth is the strategic use of automation.
Automation helps you get more done with less. Use automation to:
- Create specific touchpoints based on each lead’s profile and behavior.
- Perform tasks like lead capture, targeted email sends, lead scoring, and more.
- Track leads “after the click” to send the right message at the right time.
- Send your sales team into action with real-time notifications when leads engage.
- Create dynamic lists that automatically update as contacts meet the list’s criteria.
- Target campaigns for each buyer persona.
Not only does automation save you time but it also increases revenue by making sure that no lead is overlooked, real-time action is used to increase conversion rates, and personalization is used to increase engagement rates.
Learn more about automation and how it can save you time and increase revenue.
More Information About the Research
For this report, Ascend2 surveyed 187 marketing professionals in the U.S., using multiple third-party survey panels, and the survey was fielded in July 2021. The research was commissioned by SharpSpring to provide marketing professionals with data-driven guidance on how to take back control of their marketing tools and data to pave the way to better results. Download the report, clip the charts for client presentations, and adapt it to support your marketing efforts.
Learn more, download the 18-page research report, The State of MarTech. Coverage and analysis of this research are also available by MarketingProfs, MediaPost, and Convince & Convert.