In today’s online marketing world, social media engagement has become a key factor in boosting brand awareness and increasing conversion rates. If your social media accounts are not generating enough engagement, that could spell trouble for your company.
Social Media Engagement Definition
There are many social media channels besides Facebook that you can take advantage of to help improve brand engagement. Using different social media platforms can boost awareness, increase engagement and amp up traffic to your website. This is why it is critical that you learn to utilize and manage multiple accounts across several social media channels.
There are several aspects of properly managing social media accounts that you need to consider prior to building a strategy. Firstly, where does your audience like to hang out online? If your demographic is older, they will most likely be more active on Facebook but less active on social media channels such as Snapchat. However, if your target audience is Gen Z, they are more likely to be active on Snapchat, TikTok and Instagram.
After you have considered the demographics of your target audience, think about your brand. Which social media platforms will best showcase your products or services? Instagram is a great platform for posting aesthetically pleasing images and videos for your followers to engage with. You can also use the platform to post stories and go live, which can add a personal touch.
If you are running a regional, national or international company, you will need to learn how to manage multiple social media accounts. This means that even if you just have two locations in two different cities, both of those locations need their own social media accounts. Doing this might seem like a lot of work, but it’s worth it because it helps to build your clientele within the local community.
You can also hire a social media manager to handle all of the accounts you make. If you were wondering how to manage multiple social media accounts for business, you can do it yourself or hire someone to do it for you. Not everyone knows how to manage social media accounts. If you think it will take too much of your time to learn this valuable skill, then you can easily find an experienced social media manager or social media management company to take care of this for you.
If you choose to go the route of managing your social media channels yourself, here are a few steps to follow:
- Write down your social media strategy. Whether you are doing it all yourself or you have hired a team of social media experts, it’s important to stay on brand. Staying on brand can be difficult if you don’t have a well-planned strategy in place. Your social media strategy needs to include policies, procedures and a detailed style guide that everyone on the team follows.
- Implement social media software. If you have content that you want to post across multiple social media channels, it’s best to have some kind of social media software that can cross-post for you.
- Create a calendar. An editorial calendar can go a long way with content creation. This plays into the strategy and will ensure that you always have something to post at the right time. It can also help you pinpoint gaps in content and any missed opportunities.
- Keep an eye on activity. Engagement is the most important factor in managing social media accounts. The amount of followers doesn’t matter as much if they are not active on your posts. Companies are seeing better results and higher conversion rates with smaller, more active followings. Take note of the kind of content that your audience is most engaged with and give them more of it.
- Reevaluate. Don’t ever stop analyzing your social media channels and how they are performing. If something is working now, it might not work as well in the future. It is important to stay ahead of trends and be ready to adjust your social media strategy when necessary.
SharpSpring, Inc. is a full marketing automation company with a focus on helping businesses achieve maximum benefit from their social media channels. For more information or to request a demo, visit our website today.